Sunday 18 August 2013

Mini Haul!

Hello everyone!

I'm finally home from my holiday in Ibiza which was amazing and now I'm starting to get back into the swing of everyday life I thought it was time for another blog post. Recently I've been doing a bit of shopping  so I decided I would do my first beauty related post and show you all the things I've bought! This post is just going to be the clothes I have purchased and there isn't that many of them then I will do a make up one and also a skin care one since I have bought rather a lot. Let's get into it...

First of all is a dress I bought from Primark for my holiday. It's a beige colour with lace detailing and I love it so much! There is a dip in the back but it doesn't come down enough to show your bra which is good however I would recommend a strapless bra with this dress because the way the sleeves sit, it often shows your straps which isn't the most attractive thing ever. The dress seems to be quite good quality for Primark with the material feeling quite thick. I love this dress and I think I bought it for around £11. 



Next I took a trip to Jack Wills aka my favourite shop and it damaged my Dad's wallet kind of a lot (thank you for that papaaaa). First of all I bought this off-white oversized jumper with the pink Jack Wills sign on it. I had this jumper last year and I loved it then my mum shrunk it in the wash so replaced it for me. It's so comfortable and warm so since the summer is ending, I'm starting to revamp my wardrobe for the winter and this jumper is perfect. The jumper was actually in the sale when I bought it so it was about £40 but I think usually it is around £69ish but I'm not 100% sure. 

Next from Jack Wills, I bought this white 3/4 sleeved top with navy blue stripes. Again, I bought it a few sizes bigger because I thought it would look really cute with leggings on. I've worn this a few times already and I love it. I wouldn't wear it anywhere that requires me to look a bit more formal because it is a bit of a "sloppy" top which you would wear more for running errands but nevertheless, I love it. I bought this for around £60 I think but again, I'm not sure so I could be so wrong. (it looks so unflattering in this picture but believe me when I say it's nice haha).

The final thing I bought from Jack Wills was the most damaging to my Dad of all so I'm incredibly thankful he bought it for me. It's probably my favourite thing in this whole haul and it's this gorgeous green winter coat. It has elbow pads which I love and it fully lined inside it. The sleeves are oversized and you could throw it on over jeans, leggings or even a dress in the winter and it would look good. It isn't fully waterproof but is "drizzle proof" so if it rains you wouldn't get soaked but it would be best to have an umbrella to hand also.  I will definitely get a lot of wear out of this coat and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice fashionable yet practical coat. It retails at quite a hefty £98.50 and because my laptop is being weird and won't insert the picture of it, here is the link if you want to have a look or want to buy it. 

Next is H&M. I'm not really a big lover of this shop and it's very rare that I'd come away with anything from there but when I saw this black and white aztec top I thought it would be perfect to take on holiday as something to throw over my bikini when I'm walking round. Due to what I was using it for I bought it in a large so it was really big on me but I love it. Now it's had all the suncream washed off it and doesn't smell of holiday anymore (whatever that smells of) I might even start to wear it out because I've just fallen in love. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for this (I probably should have kept the recites for all this stuff) but it was definitely under £10 which is great!  


Then I took a trip to New Look which is usually one of my favourite shops because as well as being cheap, the clothes are usually quite good quality and very cute. However recently I haven't been loving it so much and it's becoming very common for me to go in there and walk out without purchasing anything so I when I was in the Liverpool store with my friends and I saw this, even though it didn't blow me away I thought it was cute so I bought it. Whilst on holiday I wore this with a pair of denim shorts. It's a flattering top due to it being so floaty, my only criticism is that I had to put a vest top under it because the top is quite tight so you could see my bra. Other than that, I quite liked this top considering I only paid a couple of pounds for it.  



Finally for the clothes, I went into Republic and since it is closing down there was a hugeeeee sale on there and I think I got 75% off this crop top. It's a white colour with black writing on and the sleeves are turned up. I wouldn't normally wear a cropped top since I'm not exactly the most confident person when it comes to my body but it's quite long so when I wore it with a high-waisted skirt, it only shown like 1cm of skin so I'm really happy with this top. I'm not sure how much it was due to the sale or even if you can still buy it but yeah, I'm a big fan of this top. 



That's all for the clothing haul but be sure to check here in a few days time when I will be posting a make up haul which there is a lot more to! Thank you for reading and be sure to leave me a comment telling me what you thought of this post and any ways you think I could improve since I'm still getting to grips with blogging! 

Keep smiling.
Grace x



2 comments:

  1. Love all these purchases! Wish we had Primark, H&M and New Look in Australia :(
    Did you find that New Look cami was true to size? I've been looking at it on ASOS!

    Oh and one tip, add the Google Friend Connect to your profile! Cause I'm sure others like myself would love to follow you!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Do you want to support each other by following each others blogs? :)

    http://lucylikespineapple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete